Contemplating Life

What is right? What is Wrong?
Should I write a poem or compose a song?
Battle the day and embrace the night,
Is it wrong or is it right?

Face each challenge with open arms,
Keep those we love free from harm,
If we could by any means,
Life would be a come true dream.


Life. What is life exactly? A mere collection of experiences? A small step in a greater journey? An almighty power's little game? Is life predetermined? Do we make our own decisions? Is proven fact truth or just an opinion? What is truth? What is life? Is it the pursuit of knowledge? The pursuit of truth? The pursuit of happiness? Is life all about the challenge of finding a mate and producing offspring to keep the species alive long after we die?

What is death? Is it the end of consciousness? Is the consciousness the true being? Does it exist without the body? If we are reincarnations should we not be able to access memories from past lives? If we are all meant to be paired with a certain individual do we find them again in the next life? What is life?


Surely if life is pointless, if nothing we do matters in the grand scheme of things, if there really is no grand scheme, if there really is no reason or purpose, then why are we here? The answer according to me: There is no reason, we are here, get on with it, everything could disappear tomorrow. But in the end it doesn't matter. So what does matter? We could save the planet from pollution today and tomorrow it will be engulfed by the sun. In an instant we cease to exist. What was it all for? Nothing really.

The way I see it, we have the time that we have. In that time we have the potential, the opportunity to do whatever we want. We can do whatever physics and time will allow us. So the geniuses will focus on making life changing breakthroughs, the philosophers will sit back and think about everything and ultimately do nothing, the greedy and selfish will take what they can, the vindictive and petty will cause problems for others at any opportunity, the helpful and generous will do their best to do fix what they can. Why? To make themselves feel better? Because it's their nature? Because they were raised that way? Because it's the easiest thing they know how to do? For their own individual reason? Or for no reason at all?

Personally, I do what I do, I like who I like, I hate who I hate and I love who I love, that's just me. Cross the line, I cross you off the Christmas list. I feel everyone is entitled to one major mistake. I'm attracted to brunettes with brown eyes. I'm more attracted to a nice personality than a nice body.
I will go out of my way to help friends in need. If I invite you, I got you covered. If you have a problem, I will listen. Need a hug? My arms are open. I'll be polite and hold the door. I don't talk for the sake of talking, I say my piece leave it at that. I remember little things like friend's birthdays, favourite colours, and how much milk and sugar they have in their coffee. Other things I forget more easily such as appointments.

Life is made up of little things. Little things matter. Little things effect big things. It's not just what you know, it's not just who you know. It's not just what you know about who you know. Murphy's Law comes into play more than Karma. Trust takes ages to build and seconds to destroy. It's easier to fall in love with a friend than to become friends with a lover. Imperfections are not always a bad thing. A person with no visible imperfections is hiding something. First impressions do not always last. Opinions change. Rules change. People change. You can't make everyone happy all the time, there's no point in trying. You can make your self happy, you can make those close to you happy. Your true friends are still your friends if they don't like your other friends. Your true friends won't pressure you, they will support you in one way or another.

I'm not saying this is all right, just something to contemplate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment