Coping With The Overload

A few of the things I need to remember for the crew leader course and call outs/hazard reductions in general.

SMEACS
S.M.E.A.C.S

Situation > Mission > Execution > Administration > Command/Control/Communication > Safety

What is the situation/problem?
What needs to be done?
How will it be done?
What is needed?
Who is in charge of what? How will communication be handled?
LACES check list.


LACES
L.A.C.E.S

Lookout > Awareness > Communication > Escape Route > Safety Refuge

Everyone looks out for everyone else.
Everyone is aware of the currant and predicted situation, hazards & precautions.
Everyone speaks up about their concerns & everyone listens.
Everyone has a planned and agreed "Out".
Everyone helps everyone else to survive and get clear of a hazard.


IMSAFE
I.M.S.A.F.E

Illness/Injury > Medication > Stress > Alcohol/Drugs > Fatigue > Expertise

Am I healthy enough?
Am I affected by any medication?
Am I under severe pressure from work or other worries?
Am I under the influence or badly hung over?
Am I adequately rested?
Am I competent?

Wanna know more ask, teaching is a good way of learning after all :)

1 comments:

In the Blue Moon of my Heart said...

so many acronyms....i would prolly in a dangerous situation forget them lol

Post a Comment