Review: Split


Split
Split by Tara Moss

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I read this novel a couple of years ago so it's not fresh in my mind but I will say this. I'm generally the type of reader who will pick a book from anywhere in a series, enjoy it, but then not bother with the rest of the set. Split changed that. The edge of the seat quality of this second part from Tara Moss's "psycho magnet" saga commissioned me to round up Fetish, Covet and Hit in order to follow the heroine, Makedde Vanderwall, from the Catwalk to the Crime Scene so to speak.
Split reminded me of scenes ranging from the 2000 Australian film Chopper to dark and intriguing BBC series Wire in the Blood, yet in a world where a truly original story is increasingly elusive Moss has succeeded in writing a body of work that is refreshingly far beyond just another rehashed "Who-Done-It."
Don't wait for a rainy day when the TV's on the blink to read this one. Do it now!




View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment